Taking part in challenges and expeditions are a fantastic way for people to raise money for the charity of their choice, while testing themselves to the limit both mentally and physically. With so many different types of challenges to choose from, it's good to know that not all challenges have to take a huge amount of time or involve going overseas. In fact, there are many brilliant challenges taking place right here in the UK!
Whether you have a day, a weekend or a few weeks, a fantastic charity challenge or expedition is waiting for you!
This is ideal for those who are looking to take part in a challenge but are unable to do a weekend or multi-day challenge due to time constraints. It is also great for those looking to really push themselves throughout the day (or night!) to then be rewarded with a feeling of euphoria, pride and happy exhaustion at the finish line, followed by a fantastic sense of achievement as you head home!
1-Day challenges can be great to do as a group of friends, families, colleagues or individuals looking to do something physically challenging, rewarding and enjoyable.
1-Day Challenge Ideas:
- Beat the Sun - a fantastic 1-day pairs challenge walking 34 miles on one of the iconic long distance trails in the UK between sunrise and sunset.
- Snowdon - Climb the highest mountain in England & Wales in a day
- Welsh 3000s – Reach the summits of the 15 mountains over 3000ft in Snowdonia in under 24hrs! (This can also be done as a two day challenge)
- Erddig 10k – a 10k, 5k & 2km Fun Run
- Lights Out - An evening’s walk up Moel Famau in North Wales
- Yorkshire 3 Peaks - Trek 30km over the classic 3 Peaks in under 12hrs
- London to Brighton - 1 Day cycling from the capital to the coast.
Weekend challenges are a great way to experience a challenge over a couple of days without taking too much time from your home/work life. They are a great way to get to know the other participants, share laughs over a sandwich at a summit, swap stories over a snack and enjoy the experience together. These can include hiking and cycling challenges where you can either camp or stay in a hotel overnight, providing a time to rest/celebrate at the end of the day!
It is a fantastic feeling to wake up on a Monday morning knowing that you have taken part in a rewarding challenge, and when the question “What did you get up to at the weekend?” comes up you can reminisce all those fantastic memories!
Weekend Challenge Ideas:
- UK 3 Peaks – Climb the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales all within 24 hours
- Coast to Coast (Ireland) - 2 days cycling from Dublin on the East coast to Galway on the West coast of Ireland.
- Coast to Coast UK (Morecambe to Whitby) - 2 days cycling 115 miles from coast to coast.
Multi-Day challenges are ideal for those who have a bit more time on their hands and are keen to take part in a challenge that takes place over a few days. These can involve hiking in the mountains, walking coastal paths or, cycling across the country. You could even cycle from the UK to Paris, Brussels or Amsterdam!
Having the challenge spread across a number of dates really allows you to get into the swing of it whist testing you both physically and mentally. You will have time to get to know the other participants during the day and recuperate over an enjoyable meal at night.
Multi-Day Challenge Ideas:
- London to Paris Cycle - cycling 178 miles over 3 days and through 2 countries.
- London to Amsterdam – Brussels - 4 days cycling 260 miles through 3 capitals (5 days including travel)
- Summit to Sea - cycling 185 miles over 3 days from the mountains of the Sierra Nevada to Marbella on the coast. (5 days including travel)
- Coast to Coast (Scotland) - 3 days from East coast to West coast of Scotland.
- Hadrian's Wall - 1 to 5 day itineraries trekking along the wall from Carlisle to Newcastle
If you are looking to take part in an epic challenge that is often a once in a lifetime adventure to destinations across the globe, our expeditions are exactly what you are looking for. Whether you want to trek Kilimanjaro, climb Elbrus in Russia or walk the Great Wall of China, these overseas expeditions can take anything between 1 – 3 weeks.
If you are feeling really adventurous you could even trek in relatively unexplored areas of the Himalaya, climbing previously unclimbed peaks. Whatever your ideal destination our overseas challenges are a great way to experience different countries and cultures whilst achieving your goals, dreams throughout a once in a lifetime experience.
You will often find that the other people on your expedition will become lifelong friends as you share the incredible adventure together and help raise money for very worthwhile causes.
If you are looking for an overseas expedition that involves an adventure whilst also providing an opportunity to experience the local culture, wildlife and surroundings, then expeditions such as our Mt Elgon Trek would be ideal for you. Not only will you climb the oldest solitary peak in Africa, but also have time to visit local community projects and see Uganda’s amazing wildlife.
Do you want to do a challenge but fancy doing something a bit different?
With years of experience leading and planning expeditions and charity challenges in the UK and across the globe, Expedition Wise have the knowledge and expertise to plan tailor-made challenges for companies, charities and individuals.
If you would like to discuss any charity challenges you would like to do as a group, company or charity please do not hesitate to contact us on 01978 750636 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.
For more information about our Challenges & Expeditions please also see www.expeditionwise.com.
Keep up to date with our adventures! Follow us on Twitter & find us on Facebook!